Hair Restoration Products & Procedures
The great news is that the men and women of today have hope, as there are many options available these days to help deal with this sensitive issue. And because of new technology, many people can have healthy hair again. If you are affected by loss of hair in any way, feel free to seek the advice of a cosmetic physician, like Dr. Patt. During your initial consultation with him, you will quickly see that he has the capacity to diagnose your type of hair loss by assessing your scalp area to best determine the cause(s). In turn, Dr. Patt will make medical suggestions and recommendations for an effective treatment that may be best for you.
Some of the clinical treatment and product options available on the market that Dr. Patt may recommend include:
- Medications like Finasteride and Minoxidil. The latter is also effective for treating female-pattern baldness.
- Steroids- Conditions like alopecia areata, respond well to steroid injections. Alternatively, it’s possible to achieve optimal hair growth using steroid creams, ointments, or gels. All of which have been found to help stimulate hair follicles and promote hair restoration and growth in some patients.
- Hair care products- Dr. Patt has an array of shampoos/conditioners, hair growth vitamins, serums, and creams all designed to stimulate growth for thinning hair, and to maintain restored hair.
In other cases, and depending on the severity or type of loss a patient is experiencing, Dr. Patt or Sandy may recommend a procedure option.
- Immunotherapy is a procedure that entails stimulating hair growth by triggering an allergic reaction on targeted areas of the skin.
- LED light therapy is a non-invasive treatment option that is also known to be effective and has become popular for stimulating the hair follicles. Light therapy has also been recently approved by the FDA as a safe clinical procedure designed to stimulate blood flow in the scalp using a specific wavelength. This treatment option optimizes the blood immune responses resulting in an increase in the supply of vital oxygen and blood to every hair cell.
- Hair Transplant- Click hair transplant to learn more.