There are dozens and dozens of cosmetic surgery procedures a person can have done. Some unusual and most fairly typical. Here are the most common plastic surgery procedures performed in the U.S. These are the 10 most common but not necessarily in this order.
1. Liposuction - Liposuction is the removal of fat using a tube inserted under the skin. The fat is sucked out using a vaccum like device.
2. Rhinoplasty - Most people have heard this procedure referred to as a "nose job." Rhinoplasty is the reshaping of the nose. This procedure is popular with both men and women.
3. Breast Augmentation - This procedure is often referred to as a "boob job." It's the enlarging of a woman's breasts through siliicon or saline filled implants.
4. Blepharoplasty - Commonly referred to as "eyelid surgery," this procedure corrects drooping upper eyelids and bags below the eyes.
5. Tummy Tuck - The abdomen is flattened and the abdominal muscles are tightened.
6. Face-lift - Skin on the face and neck is tightened to give the person a more youthful appearance.
7. Breast Lift - This procedure is for women who want to reshape and raise their sagging breasts.
8. Dermabrasion - Wrinkles and facial blemishes are literally rubbed off the face using a rotating tool that scrapes off the top layer of skin.
9. Hair transplantation - Hair is transplanted to bald areas of the scalp to correct hair loss. The transplanted hair is known as a hair plug.
10. Lip Augmentation - An implant is inserted inside the lip to give it more body and a fuller look. This procedure has become more popular in recent years.